OPERATION-NAVAIDS-FREIGHT COLLECTION DEPT.
The Department's responsibilities include:
- Monitoring vessels’ performance during time or voyage charters, considering always crew/ environment /vessels/cargo safety, evaluating / appointing agents in various ports,
- Send voyage orders to the voyage chartered vessels and liaise with the masters/port agents/shipbrokers and other 3d parties regarding all the post-fixture items for the smooth conduct of the voyages.
- Control D/A remittances/payments, supplying vessels with appropriate charts and publications required for each voyage,
- Follow up /
- supplying all kinds of Navaids as per safety standards recommendations; bunker requirements/ stemming, surveys, etc.
- billing of freight / hire revenues and also calculation of laytime and billing of accrued demurrage.
- checking charterers payments against billed invoices and preparing relevant statements for Accounts dept.
- dealing with the checking and defence of off hires along with laytime and other disputes.
The freight collection department, which is within the operations department, is also in close cooperation with the Accounts – Chartering departments for monitoring receipt of outstanding balances
The operations department is also in close cooperation with the Vetting - Safety - Marine department for all inspections and items concerning oil company approvals.